Monday, July 26, 2010

To One and All...

Hello Hello again,
 
First and foremost I would like to give a giant shout out to THE CLIN-TON, Happy birthday in a couple days! or as thay say here in Portugal: EGUK WIUDDJAO UAHEUAIUOF!  Actually that is not all all what they say... they say,  feliz aniversario!
 
Well this week my e-mail will be short I think but I wanted to write about a neat experience we had this week...
 
As we waited for the bus, we sat a little taller, a little more alert, a little more nervous than usual. We had a task to do that day, no matter how daunting it seemed, we would do it because we knew it was what the Lord wanted. As our bus pulled up to the stop, we reluctantly arose and walked on, after showing our passes to the driver, instead of walking to the back of the bus to sit, we stood there. We stood there at the front of the bus looking at all the passengers, I looked over at my companion, she gave me a reassuring nod, and I began to speak to all those on the buss in a loud voice ´´ Bom dia, nos somos discipulas de Jesus Cristo, not temos uma mensagem da alegria e nos sabemos pelas escrituras que ha pessoas que estao preparadas para receber esta mensagem...`` `´Good morning, we are disciples of Jesus Christ, we have a message of joy and we know through the scriptures that there are people that are prepared to receive this message...`` My companion continued `` We want to share this message with those who are prepared to recieve it, we will come around and give our card with our information and if you think you are one of those prepared to recieve this message, we will get your information.`` everyone was silent. No one even knew what to do with us. There facial expressions gave away thier thoughts: Who are they? Why are they telling us this? Why is that one on the left so tall? What message?.... we went around giving our cards and my companion asked each and everyone, do you think you might be one of those ready to hear this message? By the time we got to our stop we were back in our seats with smiles on our faces. These people think we are freaks, weirdos, strangers. But now, they know they know who we are, and why we are always walking around, to share the good news of the Gospel with all of Heavenly Father´s Children.
 
My companion told me later that I spoke like a Portuguese person....perfectly.
 
What a blessing. The Lord was by our side that day.
 
time is up sorry.
 
Love you
 
Sister liz

No comments:

Post a Comment