Monday, March 14, 2011

Last Week on the Island...

Dear family and friends,

Well my internet was interrupted, and now I don´t have much time. This was my last week here on the island. I will miss this island like nothing else. I will miss these people. I will miss the accent. I will miss the ocean. This place has become my home. Today we got transfer calls. Last week we already found out who was leaving the islands, we just didn´t know where to. Today I received a lot of ´´Through the grape vine´´ calls as to where everyone is going. The most shocking call was for me. I found out where I will go, and who I will serve with...

I will be a trainer. I will train a new sister missionary coming from Holiday, Utah. Her name is Irmã Perkins. They are pulling the elders out of the area where I will be serving and we will move in and start working there. I am opening and area and training. Probably the two scariest things that could happen. But it wont happen all at once, I will serve in a group of three sisters for the first part of the transfer, because my ´´greenie´´ is waiting for her visa I think. It´s all a bit hazy. Everyone has received an official call except me. What an adventure. 

I will live in a house with a total of four sisters by the time my greenie comes. What a treat! Sleep over!

I feel inadequate and a little surprised that the Lord trusts me to train a brand new missionary. I feel humbled. That's just how it should be I suppose. I know that this is the will of the Lord. 

So here I go, leaving the island embarking on another chapter of this wild ride. I have about 6 months left and its flying by. Before you know it I will be back there, showing you my battle wounds and tell you old war stories, but for now I´ve gotta get back to work, this is a new start, fresh slate....I´m going back to the continent! I´m moving time zones!

Love Irmã McCrery





No comments:

Post a Comment