Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One For the Blog

This week was great, thanks for asking! Diogo was baptized! He is Daniela´s friend. Daniela was baptized two weeks ago and this weekend Diogo was baptized.He is 20 years old. It was a miracle. He was so prepared to accept the Gospel before we entered the scene. It has been awesome to see him completely grasp the Gospel. We talked with him the night before his baptism and he expressed his desire to serve a mission, how cool is that?

I´m am trying to soak up my last few weeks in this area. I will be leaving the island within the next two weeks, and I´m getting those nervous little butterflies in my stomach, because I love this place. I love these people and I don´t know if I will be ready to say goodbye. But, life keeps moving, a new sister missionary will come here and I will go back to the continent. I will meet new members, new investigators, and love my new area. But what will life be like without the Açores?

Also, one day I will be home from this mission. I will leave Portugal and a new sister will come here and I will go back home. I have 7 months left on my mission. Time is flying. The clock is ticking and I am trying my best. The Lord has called me to do His work for a short season. I hope I can do what He needs me to do and be who He needs me to be. 

The Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. It is the reason I wake up in the morning. It is the reason I can get out of bed at 7am. The Gospel gives everyone the chance to change, to be better, to reach our potential. Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He redeemed us from death, and only asks us to follow Him and trust Him. So I´m going do that.

Here´s to another week! 

-Irmã McCrery





No comments:

Post a Comment