Monday, April 19, 2010

BOM DIA!

Ola! minha familia e amigos,
 
I love you all so very much and everytime I sit down to write my weekly e-mails I imagine you looking at this blog stepper is keeping up for me. I wish I knew what it looked like. Are there pictures of Portugal? anywho....
 
Ok there are a lot of things to write about. But first let me say... I'M A MISSIONARY, AND I'M HAPPY! The winds have changed here at the MTC for irma McCrery. I have past the point of no return. I'm in the thick of things. We learn so much everyday about who we are and how important the the message of The Resotred Gospel of Jesus Christ is for every single human being on this earth. It is for everyone! If you are reading this, let me speak directly to you... The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints really does have the fullness of the Gospel. What does that mean!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?! It means everything! It means absolutely everything to you. It means there is a way to find joy in this life and to experience joy FOREVER with the ones you love (including our Heavenly Father). What a blessing. This Gospel is real. Our Heavenly Father loves us and has given us a way to get back to him.
 
Also--- THANK YOU! Thank you so much for writing me letters and Dearelders. They are so uplifting. I received letters from a few dear old friends this week and it just blew me away that they are thinking of me! Also to my true blue faithful fan club who send me letters oft ( you know who you are) I love your words, I keep them under my pillow, I ponder them, I let them lift me, you're little angels helping me along my merry little way. Where is Aunt Shirley? Does she see this blog? I love her. Does she know that? I will write her. I have a long list of people I am trying to write letters to today. Let me give a little disclaimer. I recieve mail everyday but I am only allowed to write letters today. So I love you all keep writing and eventually my response will come. also Corinne Chidester.... You are amazing, there is a note for you somewhere lost between Rexburg and Texas! Keep waiting for it. Everyone else I love you too, your letter is coming! Also Stepper, Tyler Comrie wrote me a Dear Elder but I lost it and now I don't have his address or any of my missionary friend's addresses, if anyone has Tyler Comrie, Danny Orme, Alex Woods', or Jordan Rands address can you send it my way somehow?
 
Ok  We have devotionals every tuesday and firesides every sunday. BEfore I left President Mills (in my stake presidencey) Said that when singing in the large auditorium with 1500 other missionaries the song "called to serve" (insert lyrics here if wanted stepper) with have new power like never before. Let me tell you right now, I sing from the top of my lungs every single word of that hymn, with every fiber of my being and I know that every person around me is doing the same. It gets more and more powerful as time goes on.
 
When I got to the MTC is was a whole lot of "woe is me!, I know nothing, this is hard". Slowly but surely I have come to understand deeply the need for those moments of hardship when I first got here. I would like to think I'm pretty tough, but sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom before you can become a new creature through Jesus Christ. I love the MTC now. Here is the funny thing, it has always been great, from the moment I came in--But now I get it. Now I really understand the significance of my assignment to labor in Portugal on the Lord's errand. I am a missionary, and I am happy. Thats the truth.
 
I wanted to share another little tender mercy (sorry this e-mail is scattered)
Lately I have been thinking about my parents. I love them, you know? I know if you are reading this and you knew them you are thinking, "ya I know, I love them too".. Anywho I have just been pondering about what they must think of me bring on a mission right now. They are happy for me, I know that. I know my Dad is happy that I am learning how to work (something he was always so good at and I lacked), and my Mom is happy that I now only figured out who I am (am always have been) but that I am sharing it with other people because she would do the same thing. But last night as I prayed before i went to bed I asked my Heavnly Father if I could jsut FEEL their love, FEEL it strongly. Let me know they are there loving me from the other side of the veil, maybe just see them in my dreams. I woke up this morning and we went to the Temple, it was wonderful. The weather is gorgeous and the Temple brings peace. As we left the Temple my comp and I stopped to smell the flowers, the warm air made them so fragrent...When all of a sudden the warm air wofted the scent of distinct flower. One that my dad used to have in his yard. I started to cry. I had and overwhelming memory of my dad and his garden. It was tender. Heavenly Father reminded me throug hteh flowers, that my Dad loves me and is always watching.
 
I love you all time is short. I pray for you! invite the missionaires over for dinner. Seriously. find them. invite them over for dinner. All of you!
 
Love,
Sister Lizzie

2 comments: