Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Prontos, sempre prontos!



Ola! 

Como vai? Muito Bem? Ah Muito bem. The sun is shining here, is it shining there?

Well I don't have a lot to say, this week. Well I do, but I can't remember it all. We have an intense week of Portuguese. My companions and I took the challenge of one of the teacher's here and went on a 100% English fast. What does that mean?-you might ask. Well it is pretty simple. We speak somente (only) Portuguese for 3 days. We eat sleep drink plan breath Portuguese. It was nuts, but we did it! I was so tired at the end of each night. Even if we wanted to talk to other people in the cafeteria or in the residence hall, we had to have our companion translate for us. It was always a mystery to me how it could really happen, how people could really learn a language in 9 weeks, well there I was speaking more Portuguese than I have EVER known in my life for three days. Was it a miracle? Absolutely. Just because something is a miracle does not mean it doesn't take hard work. Isn't that the truth. Miracles come after we have tons and tons of faith. When we have faith all things are possible.

The Lord is carrying me through this experience...let me repeat, THE LORD IS CARRYING ME THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE. When I just don't think I can keep speaking portuguese or studying or thinking or anything, somehow I do it. Before I know it, at the end of each day I am cozied up in my bed, hoping I did enough for the Lord, wondering where the day went.

So to continue in increasing faith in the Lord's ability to make us His instruments, we have made a district goal to speak only Portuguese for the rest of our stay at the MTC which is approximately 3 weeks, well less but I am rounding up so that I can be pleasantly surprised when I leave sooner. That's right my friends and family, 3 weeks of only Portuguese! Woo hoo!


Ok stepper hold on I have to to a favor for another sister I will send this, but then write part 2 in a minute....







Ok sorry part 2...

Where was I?

I yes, english fast. muito dificil mas muito importante para as pessoas de Portugal. Very difficult but very important for the people of Portgal.

Lyndsi Vela, MISSION TO LIMA PERU!!!!!!!! Get it gurl. You will love it. What a treat. The member missionary that helped me find the Gospel will be serving in Peru the same time I will be serving in Portugal. So spectacular.

I am happy. Can you tell? I hope so. Because this is the hardest work I've ever done, but I'm happy. I'll tell you why... Read alma 34 verses 14-17... I am happy becaue with the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ I am encircled in the arms of safety. I am doing the Lord's work. I'm on the Lord's time. I'm happy. This Gospel brings happiness, not because it is a cool church or something. It is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So good. I don't have anymore time sorry it was short.

I won't be able to call home on Mother's Day I'm sorry. 2000 missionaries 3 phones. No good.
Happy mother's day.

Keep on keepin on.

Love Sister Liz.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment